Friday, January 11, 2013

Losing a chance for a 2nd child because of Chickenpox




I was running through some old stuffs earlier looking for a certain file when I suddenly saw my old ultrasound result.. (Warning:Reminisce mode)

It was july 2011 when I found out that I was pregnant with our should have been 2nd child. It was actually a fruitful year for our neighborhood. Months after,  each one neighbor got pregnant. We were all happy knowing that our kids will be of same age.. 

But unfortunately, I caught a chickenpox and lost the baby.

I still remember how I've cried so hard when the first chickenpox spot appear. For I know the complications that this illness can cause to the baby. Just two days of spots and fever, blood started to appear while I pee. The pain of slowly losing it was unbearable. I was angry to everyone that time. I blame chickenpox, I blame my sister in law who brought the illness at home, I blame everyone...

I immediately went to my OB asking for a medicine that would help hold the baby. Obviously, I was in denial.. After the ultrasound, my OB confirmed my fear. She was  sorry but my baby is already dead.

I cried hard. Really hard..

Its been more than a year but the pain is still there somehow.. My ovaries are not normal so its very unlikely for me to get pregnant. That's why losing the 2nd was really hard for me. Luckily, I was the only pregnant who was infected with chickenpox. Other mommies here had successfully delivered the precious gems.

But well, thats how life is. We cannot lose hope because of some sad incidents.. I still pray for another chance. We can always try again. I even asked the help of my OB regarding  this.. 

I thank God because He has already entrusted me with one beautiful and very brilliant daughter. In His time, if he decides to give me another one, I will be very grateful and careful . 








So if you are pregnant and someone in your house has chickenpox, I would advise you to move out immediately.  It is just temporary. Its better to be careful than sorry. 



1 comment:

joyap said...

Update: now preggy with our another 2nd child.. All thanks and glory to our God for this blessing!

Bvlgari Omnia Crystalline

I am not much with perfume or any scent but this one captured my nose and I'm loving it..