Friday, January 29, 2016

Breath holding spell - My baby stopped breathing

My baby stopped breathing..

Last monday night while we are happily having dinner, my youngest started to cry because I stopped her as she tried to reach for the water bottle.

She cried so hard and didn't stop for almost a minute..
I was carrying her, trying to ease her when suddenly she looked pale and just stopped breathing.

I got scared. I was shaking her but she did not respond.
Crying, I called my husband and showed him our baby.
I was so weak, almost lose myself..

He immediately gave her mouth to mouth. He tried to revived her.
Her lips turned dark, her eyes shoot up.
We were all in panic. We thought we lost her.


After a minute, she just woke up.
Weakly, she cried.
I held her. I was crying really hard.
We almost lost her.

That night, I didn't sleep. I cannot close my eyes. I was watching her. Afraid that she might stopped breathing again.
That was traumatic.

I searched through the net about what it was that we've experienced. What happened to her?
Then I've read about the "breath holding spell"
So that was it.

after reading about it and the stories of parents of child with breath holding spell, I've felt a little relieved. We are not alone and there are many advices and experiences to learn from.
So what I did was to inform the whole family of her case and how we will handle her the next time she cried hard.

The very useful advice was to "blow on her face" whenever she's crying. That will immediately alert her body and her brain will tell her to breath.






No comments:

Bvlgari Omnia Crystalline

I am not much with perfume or any scent but this one captured my nose and I'm loving it..