Thursday, August 05, 2021

House plants: New plantita journey

 I just started liking plants. Today, I am a 3 week old plantita :) 

Before I was wondering why so many plantito and plantitas are going crazy with plants while all plants look the same to me.

But one day during the renovation in our house, I was amazed with our contractor as he enjoyed talking about his plants. For an old man, his passion for plants is surprisingly inviting. So I continued to listen to his passionate stories without realizing I was being converted hahaha

In one of our "plant talk session", I pointed a nice plant from a neighbor and said "yan kuya maganda" (that one kuya is pretty). And then he said "meron ako nyan mam" (I have one of that ma'am). That day after his afternoon break, he went home only to return with the plant! 

I was so surprised and felt very happy seing the plant. That moment I know that he succeeded in converting me :)

Here's the picture of the plant:

My first plant: Aglaonema Silver Frost
This plant is called Aglaonema Silver Frost 

This is the plant description copied from Halamanan ni Mikay fb account" 

Aglaonema Silver Frost
(Chinese Evergreen) P250
Helps to improve the air quality of your indoor spaces with the ability to filter indoor air pollutants and toxins. Furthermore, this gorgeous leafy indoor plant emits Oxygen, which assists in increasing productivity and enriching health and well-being both in living and working spaces.
Aglanomea `Silver Frost` has predominately silver-green leaves prominently marked in the center and along the leaf margin with dark green. The plant habit is larger and more spreading than the closest commercial comparison, Aglaonema `Silver Queen`. Plants of Silver Frost grow rapidly, and have noticeable tolerance to cold. These combined characteristics make Silver Frost a unique new cultivar.





It definitely added warmth and accent in the house as you can see in the picture below.

From then on, I am slowly adding indoor plants. So far here's are some new additions:

Persian Shield


Snakeplant Fernwood
Calathea Dottie


I also started searching and browsing online shops for plants and my!! it had consumed a lot of my time. I have enjoyed it so much. I haven't bought a lot yet, but a lot of pictures had been saved. 

My wishlists so far:


birkins






This monstera deliciosa had really grabbed my attention. I'm dying to have one soon!!



Because of this new found passion, I recently find myself chatting with neighbors and social media friends  who have the same passion. I'm happy to have taken this road :)

How about you. What's your plant story?



No comments:

Bvlgari Omnia Crystalline

I am not much with perfume or any scent but this one captured my nose and I'm loving it..